We’re less than two weeks away from Apple’s WorldWide Developer’s Conference when we can expect to hear the announcement about a new MacBook Pro.
What we definitely know:
• A completely re-designed MacBook Pro and MacBook Air is coming this summer.
• The new laptop will include Apple’s superior Retina display.
• That ultra-sharp display could cost consumers extra money.
• Demand is expected to be crazy. Analysts say Apple could sell more than 4 million notebook systems each quarter — up 1 million from a year ago.
• The new design is much thinner.
• That thin design will allow for a solid-state hard drive.
• The new MacBook Pro will use Intel’s new Ivy Bridge processor, include Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports.
So what will it really look like? Well that’s unknown until (hopefully) the WWDC. But 9to5 created some great mockups that might give us a good idea. I’ll let you be the judge: